Many companies has products, The main aim of company is to sell their products to do that they should know how to reach customers. Previously, companies used to advertise on Tv channels and through traditional marketing. After entering in to 20th century people completely shifted to internet and started using social media channels like Facebook, Instagram, and many more. Due to rapid change in the technology, Every giant organization to startups created websites. They have been giving detailed information about their services in the website.
Users are able to visit the website when they enter particular query in search engine. Users are always tend to open only websites which comes in the top search results. Here comes the optimization technics to reach the top of search results among your competitors.
Before learning about optimization Technics, One should aware of SEO and its process.
Search Engine Optimization – SEO
Search engine optimization is a methodology. Which encompasses technics and tactics to increase the visitors on a website by acquiring a high rank in the search results page in any search engine like Google, Bing, Yahoo, and other search engines.
- Search engines look for so many components to improve SEO on a particular site.
- It looks for elements like title tags, keywords, image tags , internal link structure and many more.
- Search engines also look at site structure and design, visitor behavior, and other off-site factors to determine how highly ranked your site should be in the search engine search results pages.
Search engine works with three steps. They are:
Search engine use bots or “spiders” to crawl over billions of pages across the web by following links they find from billions of web pages around the web.
Search engines after collecting all the links from webpages store the information into their index.
- After search query is entered, it goes to index for pages matching the user requirement and shows the relevant results to the user.
- The order pages are displayed is based on google algorithm taking into account number of ranking factors. Each page is then given a ranking score.
- In to order to rank highly on search engines, your search needs to score higher than your competitors
- If you do shady methods to reach top in search results. Google is very strict if you find doing so you will penalized and removed from the SRPS a.k.a “Google Slap”
There are different kinds approaches in SEO to increase traffic on website. White hat approach is effective. To become a good blogger you need to follow white hat strategies. Whereas black hat is considered as shady method. It is just used to increase traffic on website using irrelevant content once google caught this kind of websites. Google will remove and penalize.
Google Major Algorithm Updates
Every year google update their algorithm about 500 times. that’s 1 or 2 time in a day. Once in a while google rolls out major algorithm update while that happen, Many sites suffer from a rank drop in a rank while some sites enjoy raise in rankings.
Major updates are:
- Panda : In 2011, Google updated algorithm which decreased rankings of low quality sites.
- Penguin : In 2012, Lowered the ranks of the websites that engage in black hat SEO.
- Humming bird : In 2013, This is the best update so far, This update has been showing the websites based on relevancy and knowledge and started showing websites matching with synonyms(Semantic search).
Advantages Of search Engine Optimization
- SEO helps people to find your website.
- SEO attracts relevant customer with high conversion potential.
- SEO beats endless traffic.
- SEO provides endless opportunities.
- SEO is cost effective.
- SEO impacts research and buying cycle
- SEO builds trust and credibility.