In this blog we clearly look into on-page SEO optimization. Before starting on-page we have some important steps which helps driving traffic in particular website.
There are 4 types of SEO
Along with the types SEO. It has some steps.
SEO has 7 step process by following each and every step properly, You can increase the traffic on websites. To know about SEO VISIT
- Website audit and competitive research(for existing websites).
- website architecture
- Fill each page with rich content
- Keyword research
- On-page factors
- Off-page factors
- Monitor the performance
lets dive deep into each and every topic till on-page.
Website Audit & Competitive Research
If you are working on existing website. We need to know position of that website, To know that use semrush or any other tool. It is a tools tells about current status of the particular site. We able to view the information like Organic search, Paid search, Back links available and Display Advertising. Competitive research is to know about our competitors and how we optimize our site to win the race.
To download Semrush click on this link. click
After working on website audit. We should check for any missing links how the titles, description, H1 tags are used. To know that use tool screaming frog or any other. This tool gives the detailed information about Missing links and other information.
To download screaming frog click
Having structured website architecture becomes plus point when it comes to ranking. When clients comes near you, or want optimize your website. Check the modules whether they are in correct order or not. For suppose services module is present in website, All the services providing by company should be sub modules of services menu. That kind of organization of website make the user understand it clearly and might take further actions.
To design website architecture before creating it, or want to create it for existing website for SEO purpose. Use MindMup tool.
Fill each page with Rich content
To increase traffic on website, Follow rules for rich content
- Put the information related to topic selected Make sure that user understands the topic well
- Content Should have maximum of 300 words for pages and 1800 words for blogs
- Include images
- Embed videos
- Embed presentations
- Check for grammar, plagiarism and readability.
- Add internal and external links
- Keep the content in conversational tone
Keyword Research is the most crucial part of SEO. This should be done to know what keywords people are using to find your page. Keywords can be collected by brainstorming and research on competitor websites using tools
Once we are done collecting relevant keywords. we need to collect average monthly searches form Google Adwords Keyword Planner, the total number index for each keyword. Then calculate Keyword effective index to understand the difficulty level to rank that keyword. Select keyword which satisfies following condition
- High relevance
- Better search volume
- Low KEI value
Make the focus keyword which has all the above conditions. Repeat the keyword in the important pages. Follow the same process for all pages.
Now, lets discuss important topic in our blog.
On – Page Factors
Here, We discuss all the factors in step wise
Include the Focus Keyword in url. (Except for home page)
- It should consists of 60-65 characters.
- Embed the focus keyword in meta title.
- Focus keyword should be present in the starting of the sentence.
- Make it compelling enough to click.
- Put the entire sentence in title case and unique.
- Brand name should be at end.
- It should have atmost 170 characters.
- Embed the focus keyword at the beginning of sentence.
- Include other keywords .
- Meta description should be like a summary.
- Put the entire paragraph in sentence case and unique.
- Brand name should be at end.
- Headings can be from H1 to H6.
- H1 should always be the focus keyword.
- Headings must write in title case.
- Try to include other keywords from H1 to H6.
- Each page in a website should have atleast 300 words.
- Include focus keyword and other keywords.
- Keep the keywords prominently about 2% of words in each page.
- Put the 2% of keywords in bold or italic.
- Use synonyms or meanings instead of focus keyword.
- Distribute the keywords evenly across the content.
Links(Both External and Internal Link)
- Internal Links – provide the links to all the related internal links.
- External Links – provide the links to all the related external websites.
- Put the keywords in file name.
- Try to include the keyword in ALT tag.
- Use lowercase and hypens to name the file.
- Alt tag acts as a description to a image.
- Embed the relevant video from Youtube.
- Provide short description with relevant keywords